Volunteer to help young ghosts and goblins have fun while getting fit. The Zombie Fun Run coming soon!
Bon Air Park tennis courts. Volunteers will assist with:
- Zombie Volunteer 9:30am-1:30pm: These volunteers will be assigned to a Zombie Zone or Challenge Zone the day of the race
- AM Volunteers 8:30am-11:30am: These volunteers will assist with the setup of the event and will be assigned to support the race in the survival zone or zombie cheer zone!
- PM Volunteers 11:00am-2:00pm: These volunteers will be assigned to support the race in the survival zone or zombie cheer zone and will assist with the cleanup of the event.
Volunteer Role Descriptions:
- Zombie Zone-This is an optional area for Fun Run participants in which they will have the chance to be spooked, scared, and chased by Zombies.
- Challenge Zone-This area will have zombie themed obstacle course style challenges that will be run by volunteers throughout the fun run.
- Survival Party Zone-This area will include moon bounces, large games, arts and crafts & more. Volunteers will be assigned to support or run a station in the party area.
- Cheering Zone- This area will be located at the end of the race course. Volunteers in this zone will cheer on runners and race participants as they complet the Zombie Fun Run.
- General Support-This area will include support roles along the race route which can include providing zombie breaks, hydtration station, and being race guides. Volunteers in this position may be asked to help support other areas as needs arise.
Makeup & Costume: volunteers are highly encouraged to wear zombie costumes and makeup, volunteers in zombie zones or challenge zones must be dressed in costume. This is a family friendly event so we do ask that volunteer wear appropriate costumes for an all-ages program. Volunteers should not bring any props that look like or could be considered a weapon.Your costume can be as simple or as complex as you wish. Please wear closed-toed shoes. Looking for some easy DIY zombie costume ideas check out:
- WikiHow–How to Create A Zombie Costume
- Look Like A Zombie.com—How to Make Zombie Clothes
- Big Fish Games—How to Make a Zombie Costume
Event Web Page: https://parks.arlingtonva.us/zombie-run/
FAQs Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event? All Volunteers must be over the age of 13 to volunteer for this event.
Can I contact the organizer with any questions? Please contact DPR-YouthandFamily@arlingtonva.us
Volunteers are encouraged to wear zombie make-up and dress as zombies. (Zombie Zone volunteers dress as zombies!)
You must be at least 13 years of age to volunteer