Healthy Relationship Task Force is working APS high schools to spread the word and enforce the messages of #metoo and #timesup. Respecting yourself and others is not a new idea, but its time has come!
All are welcome at meetings 1st and 3rd Tues of the month during the school year, usually at Central Library
Meet teens from all over Arlington. Share opinions, ideas & issues. Advise County officials & community leaders.
2018-19 Applications CLOSED for 2018
Questions? Call Siobhan Grayson at 703-228-1506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlington TNB is a County & School Board-appointed teen advocacy group comprised of Arlington high school students, from different backgrounds and parts of Arlington to provide a county-wide voice for Arlington teens. We talk, make recommendations, and act to improve the lives of Arlington youth. If you live or go to high school in Arlington, you are eligible to join TNB and make a difference. You must:
- Be enthusiastic!!
- Live in Arlington or
Be in high school in Arlington
- Attend 2-hour meetings 2x month with dinner provided – and participate in events
The Teen Network Board is a project of the Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth and Families (APCYF) – an advisory group jointly appointed by the Arlington County Board and the Arlington County School Board, charged with improving the health, well-being and safety of children, youth and families in Arlington.
There are 4 active committees.
- Communications focuses on using all available Social Media platforms to keep the youth in our community informed of events, impact or enhance their lives.
- ICE (Internships, community service and employment) advocates for opportunities with in our community to provide situations that the teens /youth can become involved in their communities, through job and internship opportunities to make them more well rounded citizens and prepare for college, gap year, vocational, and work options as they prepare for life after or without high School.
- DAP (Drugs and Alcohol Prevention) educates (and advocates)for the community and our peers to be more aware of the dangers of drugs and alcohol
- Peer to Peer Relationships focuses on creating a better community environment through education and advocacy, free of bullying and negativity in pursuit of equality, justice and healthy relationships for all teens/youth in Arlington