Healthy Relationship Task Force is working APS high schools to spread the word and enforce the messages of #metoo and #timesup. Respecting yourself and others is not a new idea, but its time has come!
All are welcome at meetings 1st and 3rd Tues of the month during the school year, usually at Central Library. Brochure
Meet teens from all over Arlington. Share opinions, ideas & issues. Advise County officials & community leaders.
2019-20 Applications CLOSED
Questions? Call Siobhan Grayson at 703-228-1506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlington TNB is a County & School Board-appointed teen advocacy group comprised of Arlington high school students, from different backgrounds and parts of Arlington to provide a countywide voice for Arlington teens. We talk, make recommendations, and act to improve the lives of Arlington youth. If you live or go to high school in Arlington, you are eligible to join TNB and make a difference. You must:
- Be enthusiastic!!
- Live or attend high school in Arlington
- Attend 2-hour meetings 2x month with dinner provided – and participate in events
Teen Network Board is an advisory group of the Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth and Families (APCYF) jointly appointed by the Arlington County Board and School Board, charged with improving the health, well-being and safety of children, youth and families in Arlington.
There are 4 active committees:
- Communications focuses on using all available Social Media platforms to keep the youth in our community informed of events, impact or enhance their lives.
- ICE (Internships, community service and employment) advocates for opportunities with in our community to provide situations that the teens /youth can become involved in their communities, through job and internship opportunities to make them more well rounded citizens and prepare for college, gap year, vocational, and work options as they prepare for life after or without high school.
- DAP (Drugs and Alcohol Prevention) educates and advocates for the community and our peers to be more aware of the dangers of drug and alcohol use.
- Peer to Peer Relationships focuses on creating a better community through awareness and advocacy, free of bullying and negativity in pursuit of equality, justice and healthy relationships for all youth in Arlington.
Follow us and the TNB on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Arlingtonteens on Facebook
TNB on Facebook
Arlingtonteens on Twitter
TNB on Twitter
TNB on Instagram
TNB applications are Closed til Aug.