In-person meetings cancelled until further notice.
TNB usually meets 1st and 3rd Tues. of each month during the school year at Central Library. Currently meeting on Zoom
Meet teens from all over Arlington. Share opinions, ideas & issues. Advise County officials & community leaders.
2021-22 Applications OPEN!
Questions? Ms. Siobhan Grayson @ 703-228-1506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlington TNB is a County & School Board-appointed teen advocacy group comprised of Arlington high school students, from different backgrounds and parts of the county, to provide community voice for Arlington youth. We discuss issues, make recommendations, and act to improve the lives of Arlington teens. If you live or go to high school in Arlington, you are eligible to join TNB and make a difference. You must:
- Be enthusiastic about making a difference in your community
- Live or attend high school in Arlington
- Attend 2-hour meetings 2x month,
- Participate in events and volunteer
- Apply now!
ONCE you apply and are accepted- you’ll join one of 4 committees:
- Communications focuses on using all available Social Media platforms to keep the youth in our community informed of events, impact or enhance their lives.
- DAP (Drugs and Alcohol Prevention) educates and advocates for the community and our peers to be more aware of the dangers of drug and alcohol use.
- HRT – Healthy Relationships Task force advocates for sexual assault awareness and consent as well as educating the youth on dating violence prevention.
- Peer to Peer Relationships focuses on creating a better community through awareness and advocacy, free of bullying and negativity in pursuit of equality, justice and healthy relationships for all youth in Arlington.
- VICE (Volunteering, internships, community service and employment) advocates for opportunities in our community so teens/youth can become involved through job and internship opportunities to promote good citizenship and prepare for college, gap year, vocational, and work options as they prepare for life after or without high school.
Teen Network Board is an advisory group of the Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth and Families (APCYF), jointly appointed by the Arlington County and School Boards, charged with improving the health, well-being and safety of children, youth and families in Arlington, Virginia.